Hemorrhoids are veins in the rectum that can become inflamed until they bulge and cause itching, pain, or burning. This disease can occur in both men and women between the ages of 45 and 65.
What are the causes of this disease?
In addition to the ages, we must know the triggering factors, among these are:
- Constipation due to hard and dry stools
- Bad posture or too much time on the bathroom
- Defecatory straining
What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
Similarly, it is key to detect the signs that indicate hemorrhoid problems, these may be:
- Anal bleeding
- Hemorrhoids coming out
- Stains on underwear
- Itching, discomfort or pain in the anal area
What types of hemorrhoids are there?
In addition, the type of hemorrhoid of the patient must be known, as they can be:
In which there is bleeding and the veins become inflamed.
Where there is no bleeding, the skin covers them and there is pain.
As their name indicates, they present characteristics of both types of hemorrhoids.
We recommend you to read: What to do in case of fracture?
How are hemorrhoids diagnosed?
For the physician, the external ones are easier. In the case of internal ones, he opts for other techniques.
- The digital examination, where the doctor puts his finger into the rectum.
- Visual inspection, in which the doctor can see the entire colon.
Is there a treatment?
The good news is that like other diseases it has different treatments.
First we have foods rich in fiber, fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Secondly, hemorrhoid creams or suppositories. Thirdly, there are sitz baths with warm water for 10 or 15 minutes, two or three times a day.
On the other hand, we have the medicines that your doctor tells you, the professional is the one who will know exactly what to use to relieve the discomfort. As well as these, there are other treatments, but your doctor is the only one who can give you the steps to follow in your case.
How do I prepare for a consultation?
Start by trusting the professionals and, once you have calmed down, consider the following for your consultation:
- Ask if there is anything you need to do beforehand.
- List your symptoms and how long you have noticed them.
- Remember your eating behaviors.
- Write down all the medications you take and their dosages.
- Keep in mind the questions you want to ask the doctor.
Do you need pediatric care for your child? Contact us HERE